- A branded restaurant space in a food hall environment
- A state-of-the-art shared commercial kitchen
- Innovative business programming
- Partnerships and mentoring with industry experts
- Below market rate rent and reduced startup costs
- Marketing and brand support
- A prime location at the historic Knapp’s Centre in Downtown Lansing
Downtown Lansing Inc. raised funding to kick off The Macotta Club and manage the lease, build out the space, and get the idea running, but the Macotta Club will operate as its own business entity.
Downtown Lansing Inc., as part of Michigan's Capital City, feels a responsibility to design progressive recovery programs, and innovative shared spaces like The Macotta Club, with the intent to share what we learn with other communities throughout Michigan and beyond.
The Macotta Club is made possible by funding from the State of Michigan as well as private investors. Supporters from individuals to corporations will help make this vision a reality. There are still investment options for interested partners to be a part of this historic project. For more information on how you can play a role, please contact Julie Reinhardt.
Repurposing a long-vacant space in an architecturally significant building, The Macotta Club will cause a ripple effect on the local Downtown economy, inspiring spinoff development for investors, businesses and residents as we reimagine Downtown Lansing into a more vibrant, inclusive neighborhood and business district. And as an incubator model, we are hoping that many participants will open their own shops in Downtown Lansing after completion of the program.